Speaking Up for Safety Day
Speaking Up For Safety™ at Northern Health What is Speaking Up For Safety? Creating a culture of safety where staff feel empowered to raise concerns is an essential part of how we
Speaking Up For Safety™ at Northern Health
What is Speaking Up For Safety?
Creating a culture of safety where staff feel empowered to raise concerns is an essential part of how we do things Northern Health. Our objective is to provide you with a well-established and reliable support system that enables you to ‘speak up for safety’ with confidence. Doing so is imperative to the delivery of quality patient care and a positive employee experience.
We are proud to be partnering with Cognitive Institute to give you Speaking Up For Safety™, a licensed and evidence-based program that will enable our people to feel confident and safe to escalate concerns around patient and/or staff safety, with the aim of preventing unintended harm. Utilising the ‘Safety C.O.D.E.’, the one-hour workshop ensures:
- An opportunity to explore the ethical considerations that impact staff as they consider the decision to speak up for safety
- Improved confidence, skills and a common language to escalate safety concerns
- Respectful, collegiate communication as a first approach to raising a concern for safety
- A proactive tool to enable staff to intervene before mistakes happen and to prevent unintended patient/staff harm
- A positive framework that reinforces that everyone has a role to play in patient and staff safety
How can I attend a Speaking Up for Safety session?
SUFS sessions are delivered to each division online via Teams and it is strongly encouraged that all staff to attend sessions .
Speaking Up For Safety Resources
Pre-workshop survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6ZTFS52
Post-workshop survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6ZZ3L3Q
Speaking Up For Safety Participant Information Sheet Speaking-up-for-Safety-Participant-Information-and-Worksheet
Speaking Up For Safety Leader Toolkit- resources, strategies and tips to support leaders to embed SUFS in the daily operations of their work area SUFS tools
For further information, please contact People Experience Business Partner, Bianca Fazzari firstname.lastname@example.org
(Tuesday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm