**** APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
An exciting opportunity exists for enthusiastic International Medical Officers (IMGs) to gain an orientation and familiarity with the Australian Healthcare system by joining the team at Northern Health on a six week clinical placement. The program involves a six week clinical observership, with three weeks in a medical unit and three weeks in the emergency department, and access to Northern Health educational resources.
To be eligible in this role you will have:
- Completed a medical degree and internship
- Passed Australian Medical Council MCQ examination (Part 1)
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- IELTS Test Pass (average of 7 or above overall) or OET Pass (B or above in each category)
Highly desirable criteria:
- Passed Australian Medical Council Clinical Examination (Part 2)
- Experience of clinical practice within the last two years
- Previously practiced medicine for more than 2 years
- Will not be currently employed as a medical practitioner in the Australian Healthcare system
- Has not worked in Australia as a medical practitioner
- Does not have current registration, but is eligible for limited or provisional registration
What is the process?
You are required to:
- Apply via Northern Health’s recruitment site – https://www.nh.org.au/work-with-us/vacancies/ click on ‘External candidates’ and follow the prompts. You must register first! N.B: If you are reapplying, there is not need to create a new profile, please update your previous application profile.
- Write a cover letter detailing any gaps in clinical experience
- Attach your CV
- Evidence of citizenship or permanent residency
- Evidence of completion of AMC part 1 or part 2
You are required to complete all of the requirements (1-5) to be considered for an IMG Transition to Practice Program
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
For further information please contact NHClinicalObserver@nh.org.au. Allow 10 days for a reply.
What is the cost?
Payment of $2500 will be required prior to the commencement of the program