**** APPLICATIONS CLOSED ***
Transition To Practice Program (TTP)
An exciting opportunity exists for enthusiastic International Medical Officers (IMGs) to gain an orientation and familiarity with the Australian Healthcare system by joining the team at Northern Health on a six week clinical placement. The program involves a six week clinical observership, with three weeks in a medical unit and three weeks in the emergency department, and access to Northern Health educational resources.
Transition to Practice Program – Position Description
To be eligible in this role you will have:
- Completed a medical degree and internship.
- Passed Australian Medical Council MCQ examination (Part 1).
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency or a valid work visa to be able to participate in the program.
- IELTS Test Pass (average of 7 or above overall) or PTE (66% or above) or OET Pass (B or above in each category).
Highly desirable criteria:
- Passed Australian Medical Council Clinical Examination (Part 2).
- Experience of clinical practice within the last two years.
- Previously practiced medicine for more than 2 years.
- Will not be currently employed as a medical practitioner in the Australian Healthcare system.
- Has not worked in Australia as a medical practitioner.
- Does not have current registration, but is eligible for limited or provisional registration.
What is the process?
You are required to:
- Apply via Northern Health’s recruitment site.
- Write a cover letter detailing any gaps in clinical experience.
- Attach your CV (with a photo)
- Evidence of citizenship or visa status – (Must be attached otherwise will not be considered)
- Evidence of completion of AMC part 1 and/or part 2 – (Must be attached otherwise will not be considered)
- Evidence of English Exam – (Must be attached otherwise will not be considered)
You are required to complete all of the requirements (1-6) to be considered for an IMG Transition to Practice Program.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
For further information please contact NHClinicalObserver@nh.org.au. Allow 10 business days for a reply.
What is the cost?
Payment of $2500 will be required prior to the commencement of the program.
- HEAL IMG Connect – confidently transition into the Australian workforce with IMG Connect. This is a free platform, available exclusively to past and present HEAL students, containing resources such as how to prepare for an interview, CV writing, exam resources and free courses to help you gain employment in the Australian medical system. Click here to learn more about how to use this platform.
- HEAL Communication courses
- HEAL Physical Exam course
- HEAL AMC Clinical Trial exams
- HEAL free exam preparation courses