Welcome to the Junior Medical Staff Association website
The Northern Health Junior Medical Staff Association (JMSA) is here to look after you.
We are a group of junior doctors who work at, and understand, the ins and outs of Northern Health and are here to help you have a great year.
Our committee includes representative junior doctors across Northern Health including the Northern Hospital Epping, Broadmeadows Hospital and Bundoora Centre.
JMSA represents all junior doctors – Interns, HMOs, Registrars and Fellows. Consultants are represented by the Senior Medical Staff Association
We are strong and efficient advocates for you and regularly attend the monthly JMO Committee, chaired by the Chief Medical Officer. It was established in 2016 to provide a direct line of communication with our hospital executive.
JMSA recruits annually in February and has several portfolios dedicated to the advocacy for and enhancement of the experiences and training of junior doctors at Northern Health.
JMSA is in regular contact with the Victorian AMA and provides one possible escalation path for workforce issues at Northern Health. JMSA also regularly runs social events between junior doctors at Northern Health.
JMSA has a Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/NHJMSA
Junior doctors can support the Northern Health JMSA and become members by submitting form to payroll and paying a $5 a week pretax deduction.
Residents Quarters (Ressies)
In 2024 JMSA aims to improve overall awareness of the association, to work to improve overall junior medical staff morale and to advocate on behalf of our junior medical staff
- Social: To run:
- end of rotation events for the five intern rotations
- the intern valedictory event
- annual ball.
- Education: To facilitate regular clinical skills workshops such as plastering, suturing etc.
- Wellbeing: To regularly check in with JMOs and provide a non urgent point of contact for JMO wellbeing issues and facilitate peer to peer mentoring.
- IT/Promotions: weekly bulletins, ensure junior doctor input at the various IT user group committees such as MedTasker and EMR, maintain the JMSA website and Facebook page.
- Promotions: Liaise with businesses to identify sponsorship opportunities and JMSA membership exclusive deals.
- Resident’s Quarters: To renovate the RMO quarters. To maintain and keep the space tidy. To ensure a regular supply of food an snacks in the RMO quarters.
Dr Seda Catak & Dr John XIe
Dr Natina Monteleone
Dr Nicola Nguyen and Dr Pierce Marsden
Dr Tessa Low and Dr Thomas Shiels
Dr Mandeep Kalsi and Dr Katie Carasco
Dr Anastasia Castles and Dr Sita Murugappan