PMCV - Hitting The Ground Running (HTGR)
To register The HTGR program is open to International Medical Graduates
The HTGR program is open to International Medical Graduates (IMGs) employed or about to commence employment within the Australian Health System (Hospital-based and General Practice) in all Australian states/territories.
The program integrates all required non-hospital/practice specific orientation content to assist with the initial 3 month orientation reporting requirement to Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) / Medical Board of Australia (MBA).
The program covers the following sessions:
Legislation and Professional Practice
– Legislative Frameworks, including the Coroner’s Act
– Litigation and Indemnity
– Patient rights and responsibilities, Patient complaints Patient
– Consent and Adolescent Autonomy
– Child Safety
– Access to health/medical records and Confidentiality
First Nations Australians Cultural Awareness
– History of Aboriginal culture, colonisation, and government policy
– Understanding/concept of health
– Aboriginal Health Issues
– Working with Aboriginal patients
Communication & Cultural Safety in the workplace
– Cultural awareness; safety; respect and competence
– Doctor – patient relationship
– Communication Strategies
Orientation to the Australian Healthcare System
– Structure & Funding
– Medicare Australia
– Prescribing – Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme Provider & Prescriber Numbers
– Interface between private and public health services
FORMAT 3 (THESE ARE 2 SEPARATE DAYS)
Wednesday 18th October 2023 – Session 1
|Registration||11.45 – 12.00|
|Legislation and Professional Practice||12.00 – 14.00|
|Orientation to the Health Care System||14.45 – 16.30|
|Break||16.30 – 17.00|
|Communication and Cultural Safety in the Workplace||17.00 – 19.00|
Friday 20nd October 2023 – Session 2
|First Nationals Cultural Awareness||8.00 – 10.00|
Cancellations & rescheduling:
PMCV courses are subject to minimum and maximum group numbers. Courses may be cancelled or postponed if minimum numbers are not achieved by the scheduled date. Courses may close prior to the start date if the maximum numbers are achieved. In both situations, applicants will be re-scheduled to the next available course.
1 week’s notice, or 5 business days, will be given in case of course rescheduling or cancellation.
For further information on the Hitting the Ground Running (HTGR) Program, please email PMCVeducation@pmcv.com.au.
october 18 (Wednesday) - 20 (Friday)