PIPER - Paediatric Education Webinar Series
These are interactive, ‘Situation critical’ seminars with case-based discussion and virtual skills station targeted at medical and nursing staff
These are interactive, ‘Situation critical’ seminars with case-based discussion and virtual skills station targeted at medical and nursing staff in high volume paediatric centres with the goal of extending experience for critically ill paediatric patients.
Topic: Situational critical Seminar (F2F)
This session is aimed at clinical staff who are experienced with paediatric patients frequently but want to upskill in their care for severely unwell children, so that they can adequately care for and stabilise children in their department until PIPER arrive.
The program include the following topics and skill stations.
- Recognition of serious illness
- Sepsis recognition and management
- Reducing adverse events during intubation
- Case discussion: Shock
- Skills station: Respiratory support
- Skills station: Preparation for intubation
- Simulation: Resuscitation
- Case discussion: Stabilisation and preparation for transport
- Panel discussion – Question and Answer
Cost: Full day (light lunch included)
Nursing – $225
Medical – Fellows/Registrars/ Trainees/ – $225
Medical- Consultants/ GPs – $450
No beverages ( except water) permitted in the Health Education Learning Precinct rooms.
NOTE: this is the same program that was run on the 7th March 2023
(Monday) 11:00 am - 4:00 pm